Sunday, April 15, 2007

B-Bo/I Like Coach Borseth (Updated)

While mere coincidence that the first two letters in this guy's last name are "Bo", he certainly talks a good game. As I said before, I could see Martin saying these things. On reflection, these comments are Bo-esqe. While I've no idea what kind of coach he'll be, or what kind of record the women's hoops program will put up, I do know that he talks a great game:

"Michigan was always the job I dreamed of.

I am "a Michigan fan for life,"

"We were hired here to do a job — bring the program to national prominence," he said. "We've done it before. We can do it again."


I'm not going to let this little nugget temper my enthusiasm:

"I'm not used to all this support personnel. I've never had a secretary before," he said, adding he planned to meet Monday with his secretary so she can clue him in on how the office works.

I'm going to go out on a very long limb and nickname Borseth "B-Bo" as short for basketball Bo. This is merely a probationary nickname, and is subject to revocation at my whim. Click here for an article on Borseth from the Green Bay paper; and here for a nice uper article from Ironwood on Borseth and his experience -- he played in a college basketball championship,and even played some football in his day.